Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday was my 23rd birthday. Oh what a birthday it was. But I did get to go to a Yarn Shop in SLC. I think I shall make it my home yarn shop now that I am a citizen of Salt Lake (I even got a Library card yesterday!).

Its called the Black Sheep Wool Co. Now I will warn you crocheting fools that its not a crochet yarn shop. Its for knitters. They don't have any crochet classes and the ladies in there flat out told me that they can't much help me but... they have a huge supply of gorgeous yarn. They have Berocco, Manos del Uruguay, Cascade, Lambs Pride, Noro and about a thousand other brands. And all the skeins come in around the $9.00 mark so while that's not a Lion Brand Price, its nothing to shake a hook at either.

This being said, I shall rant. Why are there no Crochet yarn shops? Why does every shop I go into have a bazillion knitting books and 2 crochet magazines from 1980? They'll have a wall, a freakin' wall dedicated to knitting needles and 4 crochet hooks with no rhyme or reason made of *shudder* plastic. I would like to open up a shop that caters to both, instead of splitting the mark in half. Not all crocheters shop at Michael's in bulk. Many of us like pretty soft yarn, and nice environment to stitch and bitch in!

Sigh. I still really like Black Sheep though. Its a great space, in my neighborhood, with nice women to help me find my yarn of choice.

Best of luck on your hooks!

1 comment:

  1. Funny story: I passed this damn wool shop on my way to work all this summer. And daily I thought to myself, "I'm gonna get Sarah to visit and I'm gonna take her in there with me." And then you went before I could get around to calling you. Glad it was good, now you can take me in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails