Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Two Buck Chuck

www.endlesssimmer.com

So when I think of Vanna White, I don't instantly think "yarn that is soft and light and oh so nice!" I think of a bad game show with a bad host and a woman in gowns turning glowing letters.

Well, since I sold 12 chickens and 8 hats to SL Citizen, I needed a ton of yarn fast and I knew where to go. Vanna's Choice Yarn. Its soft, its durable, its actually quite nice to work with and best of all? Its super cheap!! 2 bucks a skein. You know, Trader Joes has a wine selection that's cheap called two buck chuck, well that's Lion Brand to me baby!

I think we all need to take a big deep breath and get over our issues with cheap yarn. The whole world can't afford $25, 50 gram, skeins of silk yarn people. And I think yarn shops should reflect the growing change in Lion Brand and other discount yarn producers. They make high quality, beautiful yarns that even the poorest crocheter can use. Hike up your knitted britches kniting world, and get over yourselves when it comes to the cheap stuff (my mom did, and you should see the gorgeous stuff she puts out with... gasp... Sugar and Cream!).

1 comment:

  1. Right on, sister! It is nice to occasionally work with expensive yarn, but some of the more affordable yarns are really much nicer than they used to be. It used to be that all we could find was that rough textured Red Heart yarn. And now even Red Heart has some pretty nice stuff. Their Soft Yarn and their sock yarn is really pretty nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails