Tuesday, January 4, 2011

SLC Visit


As you know, I moved cross country to the fabulous Ann Arbor, MI (and I mean fabulous with all the sarcasm I can muster...).

Well my parents randomly moved to SLC right after I moved away from it. This is actually kind of awesome, because now I can always return to my beloved Utah (and no folks, I'm not LDS. I know you were thinkin' it). So I spent 10 days in the gorgeous blue skied, and 2 foot of powder covered, Utah.

And of course I visited Blazing Needles. If you live anywhere near Salt Lake City, UT and you haven't been to Blazing Needles, you are seriously missing out. This shop is my favorite place to buy yarn. Great selection, great people, great prices. I mean seriously. Could you ask for more?

Obviously I bought a TON of yarn. Mmm. Makes me so happy.

First and foremost I stocked up on Cascade. I bought 220, 128 bulky and sport weight yarns and I'm still completely in love with this yarn.

I also bought the last of the Lambs Pride they had. I guess they're clearing the brand out of their shelves, which is fine cuz I got it for 5 dollars and I have every intention of making a felted purse with it.

I also bought some baby alpaca by Mirasol called Miski. I love this yarn. Its heavenly and soft and really easy to work with. Its thick too, not sport weight which is often what I find with alpaca. If you can find this yarn at your local shop, I'd invest in a skein (or 3 like I did). I made Pete's nana a cabled hat for Christmas, like I told her I would last year. I suck, but at least I'm trying not to.

I would have put up more pictures (believe me, I took them) but Blogger is destroying my life currently. I've tried to post this 3 times over 3 days and have failed every time because of the site. Why do you hate me blogger??

Stay tuned for more pictures....

photo from Blazing Needles

1 comment:

  1. Your parents moved to Utah?!

    Also, I love Cascade, and I love that it's local to me now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails