Sunday, January 9, 2011

Warm and Happy Cable Love


I feel like I need to apologize to Ann Arbor for being too cruel in my last post. Its not so bad here. Though its flat and gray, the lack of winter time activities leaves lots of time for me to crochet which I can't really complain about at length.

I thought I'd update my photos, like I said I would. I also think I should update you on what's on my hook(s).

I am working on another Alpine Cables hat from Special Techniques in Crochet. I absolutely adore this pattern. Its complex and complicated and so much fun to make.

I think you can probably gather from my writings that I am obsessed with cables. I have learned to knit cables, and while they are incredibly easy, there is something so fascinating (and might I add, warm) about crocheting a cable. I like that I can actually see my cables getting moved around. Its like a puzzle, fitting together.

Plus, if you're using Cascade 220 in Turtle green, its so easy to get intoxicated by the whole process. Cables are like magic to me. Warm, yarny magic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails