Monday, February 1, 2010

A new, new book

So I decided I really didn't like the Interweave book. The only pattern I really liked, I could get for free at Crochetme so what's the point of owning a book of patterns you'll never do.

So I went back to Barnes and Noble and bought this book:

It's full to the brim with great new stitches, really handy techniques and amazing projects. I have loved every minute of working with this book. The patterns are super easy to work and they, from my experience thus far, have had no problems.

The other thing that I love about this book, is how beautiful the pictures are. I just love looking through it at all the pretty projects and stitch swatches.

I'll be honest, I bought the book for the Alpine Cable hat. I've seen it on Ravelry, but I could never get the pattern because it was in this book. But the pictures online were so beautiful and I have always wanted to work it. Plus Lisa Naskrent and Crochet Garden always have the most unique patterns that are I am always drooling over. (Too bad Whole Foods doesn't pay me enough to buy all the patterns I want...)

Well I did and I am soooo happy to announce that this is a GREAT pattern. Its GORGEOUS, its new and its different. I'll put up pictures when I'm not in the middle of Eastern Idaho without my camera.

I'll also post pictures of the Slip Ring Aran pillow. Another great pattern. Its uses the front post double crochet and a popcorn stitch, with a worsted weight yarn so its a thick, with great texture. I'll put up some pictures of that too.

Anyway, I'm going to post more, I have A LOT more yarn and a lot more ideas for projects. Plus, I'm not enjoying salt lake so maybe if I lock myself in a room full to the windows with yarn I'll be happier.

Keep on hookin!

photo from DRG Publishing and BarnesandNoble.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails