Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Crochet Book!

So I got this new book... and I think I like it. Kinda...

I really love some of the projects, and can't wait to get my hooks in them! For instance, I'm really excited for the Berry Baby hat and booties, by Chloe Nightingale. It looks like a really simple hat, almost exactly like her Secret Method hat. So I'm not quite sure why I bought the book, if I could get the pattern for free. But that's besides the point.

I'm also excited for the mitt by Kathryn Merrick. They look really easy, and I love that she's included instructions for bigger and smaller mittens.

I also can't wait to try the Ravissant Socks pattern by Robyn Cachula. They look easy and not too thick. Crochet socks often times become crochet slippers because we just make thicker stitches than knitters.

But there are somethings in this book, that although some might love them, I would never make. While I understand that every book can't be made for me, its a little frustrating that after spending $20 on a book, and thinking that all these patterns would be so much fun to make, getting home and realizing that I can't really make all of these patterns (either because I don't like them, or because they're actually meant for pregnant women, not me...).

I guess I should have read these patterns better, before I bought it.

Still though, I'm happy with the book. I love interweave's products and I know that the patterns are well written (not confusing and missing instructions... which is just frustrating and makes me REALLY angry).

I suggest looking into the book though. Its really great, and it supports your fellow crocheters.

Keep on hookin!

photo from interweavestore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails