Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby Booties

So in my last post I made a reference to these super cute baby booties Well here are a pair of the ones that I've done.

I thought they needed a little something on the toe to break up the green so I made a button out of some baby weight white yarn. (Really simple, sc 10 in a magic loop, then 2 sc in each sc, sl st together and you've got a button!).

I also lopped off the top of the boots because 1. I hate putting baby feet in anything taller than a sock and 2. It wasn't working and it looked weird so I just made them super simple, basic little slippers.

There were some problems with the pattern, I'm not going to lie and its a really rough one to try and read because she wrote it kind of funny but once you get it right these work up fairly quickly and obviously they're adorable. If you've got some fingering weight yarn and a D hook, this is your kind of pattern.

Now, my nose needs to get back to the grindstone.

Keep on hookin!

2 comments:

  1. VERRY CUTE! You might want to put on some type of ankle strap though. Maybe make it look like a Mary Jane because babies kick these things off in a heartbeat. You could add a two row strap with another white button to attach it to. Whadaythink?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! That comment from Kenny was actually from me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails