Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Secret Method

So Chloe Nightingale on Ravelry and Crochet Me has made, quite possibly, the easiest hat ever. And the best hat to use as a template to make a myriad of different hats from one simple pattern.

She calls the hat The Secret Method Hat and if you haven't tried this hat, you have to!

Since I have to make a ton of hats for SLCitizen and now for Whole Planet (more on that in a sec) Chloe's hat pattern is ideal. Its super quick and the hats turn out warm and perfect.

Now, if you're not down for an entire hat made of single chains (it can get REALLY tiresome) that you should tweak this pattern into something a little more varied, but if you can hold out for a single chain hat, yours will look like mine above. A really tight, very simple hat but absolutely worth it.

Now. Whole Planet. I was approached a couple weeks ago by my bosses to see if I would be interested in donating my time and projects to our Whole Planet Foundation at work. How could I really say no to micro-credit loans to women in developing nations. I dare you to try. You won't succeed... So I said yes, and sold 2 hat and a pair of booties with all 40 dollars going to the foundation (sweet!). Now I'm back to my hooks to make some more stuff and see what I can't sell. Ah giving. How good it it feels.

Hope your weekend is swell and your hands are hookin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails