Thursday, February 4, 2010

Photos Galore!



So as promised, here are the photos of the projects I finished out of the new book I bought.

Here's the Alpine Hat:
I used Cascade 220 so its washable but still has the warmth and heaviness of wool. Its also a good kelly green. Perfect for St. Patty's Day. I got the skein at Blazing Needles (my favorite yarn shop in Salt Lake City). The picture makes it look a bit washed out here but I promise its a much deeper shade.

I love how the small cables wind around themselves in this pattern, as opposed the fatter cables usually associated with cable crochet.

Here's the Aran Pillow (which I might just make into a purse...). This is the easiest pattern in the world but it looks so complicated which is awesome cuz you look like a pro without breaking a sweat. I hate sweating while I hook. Plus you can brag about your skills and no one will be the wiser! I made the other side out of a denim blue, both are Bernat Alpaca which is REALLY soft and feels a lot more expensive than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails