Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sólás Caomh


So this is my current project. Its a baby blanket designed by Jodi Euchner.

This blanket is intense, I'm not going to lie. To undertake it, you'll have to be well versed in front and back double post chains, and it would be best to have played with cables in other patterns first.

Once you have a good grip on the stitches though, this blanket works up fast and easy. Its a really fun pattern to work. Plus, Jodi makes gorgeous blankets, and this blanket will not let you down.

I went on the less expensive side of yarn for this project with Lion Brand Wool Ease. Each blanket takes 6 skeins, and with the pricey stuff, I could have ended up spending waaaay too much money. I like Lion Brand, and I ain't no snooty yarn freak. Ok, so I am a snooty yarn freak, but I still really like Wool Ease.

My plan is to have 4 of the baby blankets sewn together to make one enormous to blanket. Two panels are Avocado green and two are Forest Green Heather.

With a border of Zinnia around all the panels. I think the Zinnia give the whole thing a little bit of a contrast, but its only a single crochet border so not a huge splash of red.

Right now I'm 50% finished, having 2 panels done (as seen with Poe the cat on top of them). The only problem I'm having at the moment is once I finish blanket, I have a really hard time picking up my hook to get another one going. And then I distracted by a pretty new skein of yarn and forget about it.

Oh well, its always good to have a project in your yarn basket right?

photos of yarn from lion brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails