Monday, December 7, 2009

Lets take a moment to think about Lion Brand

So we all know how I feel about Vanna and her fine choice in yarn (and
isn't this picture awesome?). But I feel like I should do a blog on Lion Brand's website, because if you're not on Ravelry, you should check out Lion Brand. They have an ENORMOUS library full of great patterns and good tips and their newsletter (with its Michelle Obama tidbits) is great as well.

I have been making gloves like crazy recently (for SLCitizen as well as for a coworker) and I could not for the life of me find a good mitten recipe for kids. There are thousands of really weird fingerless mitts on Ravelry, but no good ol' standard mittens, especially not for toddlers and kids. Its annoying. So I went to the ol' standby, LionBrand.com. This pattern is great for babies, kids and adults, and the mittens are suuuper warm. Its not worked in the round like most mittens, so be advised, you'll have to do some darning but they're quick and easy. The pattern isn't super well written, so you'll have to be creative where it gets tricky.

And this is the 1 problem with Lion Brand's website. Their patterns are great, but they are sometimes really poorly written. They can be hard to follow and they leave out a great deal occasionally. Now, if you like the pattern, and you're willing to sacrifice, then its alright, but I get annoyed easily (especially if you're a company who specializes in yarn, not just a blogger helping out other crocheters by sharing a pattern). I'd rather surf ravelry buuuut, LB is still a great resource.

Keep them hooks hooking!

Photos from lionbrand.com and zimbio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails