Thursday, December 2, 2010

Walkin' the Dog Cowl


So while I was walking Cody this morning in the howling MI wind, I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a cowl around my face. So when I got home, and I finished my morning chores, I sat to work on a new project.

A cowl is essentially a scarf, but its also kind of like a hood and its
quite nice for winter mornings with the dog. Now last year, my mom sent me a care package full of yarn and inside was Lion Brand's Thick and Quick super bulky. I've been sitting on this yarn for awhile, and this seemed like the perfect project for it.

I used The Crimson Owl's Convertible Cowl pattern. This blog is adorable by the way. She's not strictly about yarn, she's more about craft in general, and she always has something cool on there.

The pattern is a little wonky on the join. In fact, I got half way through the pattern and realized that I went from 55 stitches to 44 because of the join on every round. I like the way the cowl feels though and its thick and warm and just the right weight. I used 1 1/2 skeins of the thick and quick yarn, and it wasn't quite enough, but I don't know that it matters. In fact, this pattern is so loose that small things like amount of stitches and amount of yarn doesn't really matter. As long as its tube like in the end, you're golden.

I couldn't get my husband to take a good picture of me in the end product to save his life, so I don't have a photo of me. But if you're bored and you're cold you should give this pattern a try. Plus, your neck will thank you on your next walk with the dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails