Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!


Spring has arrived here in Salt Lake City (finally!). I was feeling a bit burnt out with my hooks for a while but now that all my trees are in bloom and the sun is so nice and warm I finally felt my yarn calling my name again.

So I came up with this lovely hat.

A few weeks back, I saw a guy come through my line at work and he had a plain white hat with a really cool pattern on the bottom. His hat was knit, so I couldn't completely recreate it but I knew I could try.

I took the Secret Method Hat for the top and worked about 15 rounds of white then began with the colors. I love the look of spikes but I've never really been able to master them. This time I just sat down and stopped thinking so hard and stitched.

I'm really proud of myself too. I think this is a cool look and something definitely different than what's in my vast hat collection currently. I'm also proud of the inside of my hat. When you're pulling your colors throughout your work, its extremely important to keep everything neat. If you don't, your yarn will start to knot up and then your head will hurt every time you try and wear your creation.

My trick to is to keep one ball on my right and one on my left. I also try really hard to keep a good eye on twists and knots. This is not quick crochet. Its slow and deliberate but the end product is so satisfying that you'll love every minute of it.

Anyway, that's project for this week. I adore it.


Look at my flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails