Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mrs. Beans Famous Nutmeg Ginger Apple Snaps


My favorite movie of all time is probably Chicken Run. But in the last five years, my favorite move has been: The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

That movie is spectacular for so many reasons that to speak of them would be too much for this blog alone. But in one scene, two of the wee foxes come upon a batch of Mrs. Bean's Famous Nutmeg Ginger Apple Snaps.

I have discovered this recipe, thanks to Mario Batali (my favorite Iron Chef thank you very much) who wrote the recipe.

I used salted butter when the recipe called for unsalted and I didn't use 3 tablespoons of fresh ginger like I was supposed to, I only used 1. This recipe made... a gazillion cookies too which is always a positive.

So anyway, these cookies are pretty awesome. And by pretty awesome I mean EXTREMELY awesome. And now I am going to eat them. All.



for more info on The Fantastic Mr. Fox and more on the cookie recipe go to: rushmoreacademy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails