Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little Red Riding Bag


So I've been experimenting with fabric and yarn recently so I made a bag for fun. Its just a test bag but it turned out good enough that now I know what I'm doing so I can make a "final copy."

Its a cute little 8in by 8in bag with a checkered cable pattern. I thought the red would be cuter than it actually turned out to be. But it makes a good hand bag if nothing else.

Sewing together cabled squared is a little trickier than I originally planned it would be but its a good little floppy bag. What I really needed was just a base to be able to sew fabric into.


A few weeks ago, while going through our dressed Pete became incredulous when he saw just how many pj pants I actually own. He told me that I needed to find a new place for them because we weren't moving 18 pairs of pants to Michigan in August. So I took a pair of checked red ones my brother bought me when I was 20 pounds lighter and cut them up.

I then measured them to the size of my bag (before I stitched it all up) and sewed the fabric into the yarn. It worked surprisingly well too!

Now my stuff won't fall through the cracks of my stitches and I have a very cute, very washable bag.

Now to make a much cleaner, much neater final version!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails